cswip training institute in trichy | cswip training institute in trichy | cswip training institute in trichy | cswip training institute in trichy | cswip training institute in trichy | cswip training institute in trichy | cswip training institute in trichy | cswip training institute in trichy | cswip training institute in trichy
- Level I - 3.0 Visual Welding Inspector
- Level II - 3.1 Welding Inspector
- Level III - 3.2 Senior Welding Inspector
This course is also available with a practical module: CSWIP 3.0 Plus - Visual Welding Inspector with Practical Module (4 days).
- To identify various weld imperfections (defects)
- To understand the relevant welding technology related to visual inspection
- To understand the need for documentation in welding
- To be aware of codes and standards related to inspection requirements
- To carry out inspection of parent materials and consumables
- To carry out visual inspection of welds, report on them and assess their compliance with specified acceptance criteria
- To pass the CSWIP 3.0 Visual Welding Inspector qualification.
In addition, candidates must comply with Clause 1.3.4 of CSWIP document WI-6-92 available at www.cswiptrainingindia.com
Those with little or no previous welding experience are advised to attend the Certificate in Visual Inspection of Welds course to prepare for this course.
- To understand factors which influence the quality of fusion welds in steels
- To recognise characteristics of commonly used welding processes in relation to quality control
- To interpret drawing instructions and symbols to ensure that specifications are met
- To set up and report on inspection of welds, macrosections and other mechanical tests
- To assess and report on welds to acceptance levels
- To confirm that incoming material meets stipulated requirements and recognise the effects on weld quality of departure from specification
- To be in a position to pass the Welding Inspector - Level 2 examinations
- Welding Inspector for a minimum of 3 years with experience related to the duties and responsibilities listed in Clause 1.2.2 of CSWIP document WI-6-92, under qualified supervision, independently verified OR
- Certified Visual Welding Inspector (Level 1) for a minimum of 2 years with job responsibilities in the areas listed in 1.2.1 and 1.2.2 of CSWIP document WI-6-92 OR
- Welding Instructor or Welding Foreman/Supervisor for a minimum of 5 years
It is the responsibility of the examination candidates to either hold CSWIP Welding Inspector 3.1 or consider attending the Welding Inspector course and examination (WIS5E) prior to this course/examination.
- To understand the various facets of welding inspection and quality control
- To assess the validity of a welding procedure
- To recognise origins of weld defects
- To interpret features of a fracture surface and prepare detailed reports
- To scrutinise and correct inspection reports
- To plan, organise and supervise use of skilled inspectors and NDT personnel
- To conduct pre-, during and post welding audits
- To be in a position to pass the relevant examination
- Enrolment on this course does not constitute reservation of an examination. All courses may be followed by a CSWIP Welding Inspector examination for candidates with appropriate experience as specified in CSWIP document WI-6-92. See CSWIP document available for download from the CSWIP website.
- Although this course covers most of the syllabus for the examination it does not include training in interpretation of radiographs. Examination candidates who do not possess a current CSWIP or PCN Radiographic Interpreter's certificate should attend the Interpretation of Radiographs - Part B (light and dense metal welds) course and examination.
- Certified Welding Inspector (Level 2) for a minimum of 2 years with job responsibilities in the areas listed in 1.2.1, 1.2.2 and 1.2.3 of CSWIP document WI-6-92 OR
- 5 years' authenticated experience related to the duties and responsibilities listed in Clause 1.2.3, independently verified.
In addition to the above, candidates must comply with Clause 1.3.4 of document WI-6-92 available at www.cswiptrainingindia.com